Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oscar #5: The Kids Are All Right

Directed by Lisa Cholodenko
Just finished watching The Kids Are All Right. Just a warning, when I post blog entries about movies, I'm not really into giving reviews. I have not seen a lot of movies to be able to critique one. All I can do is give a decent comment on how I like it and what I thought and felt after watching.

Anyway, I like this movie! So much. It's touching, funny at times, and sweet. I don't know how close it is to reality in terms of showing the dynamics of a family like theirs so I can't really say much about that. I like it though how each person in the movie was characterized. Joni and Laser were normal teenagers while Jules and Nic are regular parents who just happened to be gay. I like it that they moved away from the "being lesbian" as the main issue. 

I like the cast although I can't seem to forget that Mia Wasikowska (such a hard surname!) was Alice. I had this feeling that the Mad Hatter will appear out of nowhere while watching this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!