Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oscar #4: The King's Speech

Since graduating, I've been trying to watch movies whenever I have free time. It's my way of... spoiling myself. To have at least an hour of just watching (something that is hopefully beautiful) without interruption, without any other thoughts in mind, to me is just precious. When you are constantly running around and multitasking, moments like this is something else

The last two movies that I've seen are The King's Speech and Never Let Me Go.

The King's Speech is touching. I already know what is going to happen (I know my royal history! Haha!) so no surprises there but the way it was presented is engaging. The cast was intimidating, I mean, Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa!), Helena Bonham-Carter, Sir Michael Gambon (Dumbledore! Yay!) tell if that isn't stellar enough for you. I liked the friendship and how it was developed in the story. It's one of those movies which does not have the special effects, no love angle, just great lines and great actors.

Never Let Me Go, on the other hand, was unpredictable. I haven't read the book so I had no idea that the story was that... sick. One just have to watch it to know what actually happened in this movie. And please let me say that Andrew Garfield is CUTE! Haha!

I'm gonna try and watch this year's Oscar-nominated movies. I've seen the Toy Story 3, Inception, Black Swan and The King's Speech. Next up is The Kids Are All Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!