Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quitting

So this is my way of saying HELLO to 2011: quitting on two things that had been essential in my daily life.

1)


Coffee has been my saviour during my undergraduate days when I was frequently running on 3-4 hours of sleep. (But mind you, I was more energetic then compared to working-girl-with-5-hours-of-sleep-and-coffee.) It did not help that Starbucks was inside the library and just minutes away from most of my classes. I was working part-time on minimum wage while studying and please don't be surprised when I say that a good chunk of my paycheck got spent on coffee. Yep, that is right. I made Starbucks richer.
From a pick-me-upper it became sort of a habit. Now that I have no real reason to stay up late, I thought I really need to stop drinking coffee and begin fixing my sleeping pattern. It's simple: I sleep early; I don't become sleepy; I won't need coffee; I cut on the caffeine; I save money.

You see, it's a good chain reaction. And yeah, so far NO RELAPSES considering I had been to Starbucks several times for the past few weeks.

2)


I really don't think I have to say a lot. It annoys me. I hate how people use it. But above all, I hate how I use it. So to end the hatred, I decided to be off it. And I'm glad to say that life feels so much SIMPLER without it.

It feels good overall to be able to quit on something that you thought you can't live without. I mean, really, thinking about it, I was not a coffee drinker before and I was not born with a Facebook profile. It was I who made myself dependent on these things and it is only I who can disengage myself from them. Well guess what, I am doing it and it feels NICE!

Have YOU quit on anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!