Saturday, September 26, 2009

Flooded

I woke up today at around 6.30 and logged in. I was shocked to find out that the whole Metro Manila is flooded. Apparently, Le Mesa dam was opened to prevent it to overflow so all the water went straight to Marikina and all the nearby cities.


Twitter and Facebook are crazy-full of updates. Got all of my news from there. Lots of people were stranded, had to brave the flood, some people are missing, and some were killed.

A really sad time in the Philippines right now. I just hope stupid politicians won't use this to campaign. Sana masama na lang sila baha if they do. Sumama sila sa bagyo na umalis ng bansa.

Anyway, the parents called my tito and asked how it is in Laguna. There was flood but luckily it didn't reach our house. So everything's good in that area.

In this side of the world, IT'S SUNNY. But I won't go out. I'll just stay at home and read for my thesis. I really have to get my priorities straight. THIS IS IT. If I screw this up, WALA NA. I have to really give all the effort that I can. Other issues that are floating in my mind can now go away. No space for them now. I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE about other things. I plan to be more socially active now. I and Lem joined UNICEF the other day and I'm planning to be active. Yesterday, I met the other person who we will be working with on the Shame study. It has only been two weeks in school and I've already met lots of people.

Really, the world is opening up itself for me. I can't just sit here and not do anything.

(Image from: http://www.quezon.ph/2009/09/26/how-to-help/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!