Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Askinosie Chocolate: Davao Dark Chocolate

Oh wow.

I was bored so I decided to tempt myself and browse Daily Candy.

One article caught my eye cause it says CHOCOLATE. So I opened it, read it, and opened the company's website and I found this.

I didn't know that Davao has good cocoa beans let alone that they export them. I really had no idea so I was thrilled when I saw it. And apparently, it's been getting some good response from people.

Askinosie is a US-based company that make chocolate from the beans. Well, okay, I don't really know much about the chocolate making process but based on what I read the company "...practice direct trade, paying farmers above fair trade prices for cocoa beans and giving them A Stake in the Outcome by profit sharing with them." (Wikipedia) You can even trace the specific chocolate bar that you bought by entering the Choc-o-lot number stamped on the wrapper and you'll be able to know when and it was made and how.

The company also helps kids and helped fund a computer lab for them.

Each bar is $8. Not cheap but if it's gonna help farmers, why not? The wrapper is soooo cool too! I wanna try it. I LOVE dark chocolate. Actually, that's the only type of chocolate I eat. I hope I can buy some SOON.

https://www.askinosie.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!