Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mukha

Mukha: Faces of Young Filipinos in Winnipeg (or as Keith called it, The Fez) opened at The Edge gallery at 611 Main St. last night! It's my friend, Arianne Solis' first exhibit. 
The Pictures
We were pretty excited about this! We are a group of friends who love art. During our freshie and sophomore years, we would go to different artsy places around the city and attend various exhibits. We loved those days so much! And who would have known? Now we are going to one of our friends'!
Cheesecakes all grown-up! Sybil, Arianne, me and Lem
The music was awesome!!! Allan Suban and Jenelle Salanguit were invited to play. I liked their playlist! Definitely added a lot to the overall vibe of the place.
Allan and Jenelle
The pictures and the statements are installed all through the gallery walls. I have read the statements before the exhibit opened as I helped Arianne edit them and I can tell you that, each person has a story to tell. Every person featured in this exhibit has a different way of coping, living and striving.
The gallery
The people

Met some new people and saw faces that I haven't seen in a while! Great times! 
The exhibit is on until the 21st of April! Go and visit, guys!
PHOTOS FROM ANDREW DE LEON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!