Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Cupcakes

It's a super long weekend! Yep! 4 days! While I can't describe to you how good it feels to have 8+ hours of sleep for 4 consecutive days, I can assure you that I tried to be productive. I did a lot of reading, cleaning, catching up and, of course, cooking.
 

Jenni Epperson is slowly becoming me and my sister's idol. Haha! We made two of her recipes today and enjoyed them a lot! I'm making one entry for each recipe.

Easter Cupcakes

We made these cupcakes mainly because we thought they are cute. I really have apprehensions about boxed cake mixes. I was never a big fan because I find them too sweet but I still gave in thinking that this would be a trial anyway. 

We used the same brand of cake mix and icing as Jenni but we skipped Sprite Zero and just followed the instructions on the box. Basically, just eggs, milk and oil. Even just the smell of the batter is nauseatingly sweet.
I need practice! Haha!
Can't see the colors because of the light:
orange, apple green, pink, purple
I liked how the colors turned out especially the apple green but I'm still not very fond of the cake itself. We had fun making this though! We might do this again but I'm totally making the cupcake from scratch next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!