Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm a Baker Hahaha

More like, FEELING BAKER. I'm in the mood to bake stuff recently. Don't ask why. Friends think I'm possessed or something coz I don't normally cook. I only have a little idea on how the kitchen works. Baking is the extent of my domestic skills. Yun na!

So anyway, I made Cheesecake Brownie last Friday. It came out great! It looks like this only messier. LOL The shapes are not perfect rectangles. I don't have pictures because they were gone before I can even get the camera. I think I might make another tomorrow.

I found the recipe by accident. It's by David Lebovitz. I was trying to look for something to bake for the supposedly Valentine's Day baking date with the HKs, which didn't happen because Lem had to work. Caught my attention because the name sounds yummy and then the pictures... You can find the recipe here. David has more interesting recipes that I might try in the future.

Today I tried Red Velvet Cupcakes. I got obsessed with Red Velvet cupcakes from Starbucks that I wanted to try and make them. I was super nervous because I'm not sure if it will come out right. The recipe is relatively more complicated and this is the first time I'm baking cupcakes from scratch. Luckily, the cupcakes survived!!! They're delicious!!! I love them! The frosting is the best. I also bought colored sugar to put on top. I had my brother take pictures but they're still with him. I'll update this entry as soon as I get them.

Tomorrow, I'll try and make Snowcaps which looks like Chocolate Crinkles really and the Cheesecake Brownie. And maybe bake some Red Velvet again. I'm not sure. But yeah, more baking tomorrow. I'm getting addicted! This is just a phase, I know, but I have this stupid dream of having my own bakery even when I don't know how to cook and bake. Baliw ako, I know. But yeah, more baking tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: Here's the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!