Monday, February 15, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

These are cupcakes from today. I baked another batch coz I have lots of extra ingredients. I might make more. LOL Like last time, I decreased the oil and put extra cocoa. The cakes are now heavier. I put more batter in each cup so I ended up making only 22 cupcakes. I have lots of left over cheesecake frosting. I shouldn't have used all the cream cheese. But I saved it for next time.
And yeah, I still have the red sugar. It's cute. My sister loved them. I still need to practice putting the frosting on the cupcakes so it doesn't look messy. Haha! I'm improving!
Here's what it looks like inside. I noticed that last time there are some brown spots so what I did this time was I doubled the red food coloring. The outside still looks brown but the middle part is really red. I'm not sure what will remedy that.
The family likes them. My lolo's teasing me that I won't study anymore and just have my own bakery. HAHA! I just wish!!! Anyway, tomorrow will be the start of READING WEEK for me but I'll probably bake something tomorrow after all that studying.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!