Saturday, March 10, 2007

Attack of the Renaissance Women

Today is such a busy day for me.

NOON.

Sybil, Lem, Arianne, and yours truly explored McDermot Street. We actually went there to visit only the Semai Gallery but ended up exploring the strip of stores.

It's really a cool street. You can find galleries and art stores on every corner. Boutiques offer stylish (and expensive!) clothes. There's this different atmosphere you won't find in any other street in this city.

We were joking about being an intellectual and "fitting in" while dining in Mondragon where, we found out, artists, political activists, and other "thinkers" hang out. Incidentally, they serve organic food so we had the chance to try organic burgers and desserts (cheesecake!).

Osborne now has a competition in our hearts. Pero panalo pa rin ang cheesecakes ng Baked Expectations! Hehe.

NIGHT.

Together with my sister and my mama, I watched Sarah Geronimo's The Other Side of Sarah. She has Mark Buatista, Kris Lawrence, and Jimmy Marquez as guests.

It was fun, fun, fun. Sarah is so good. Better than the first time I saw her perform live. And surprise, surprise - she can REALLY dance. I like the fact that she (and the people behind her) decided not to be another Regine Velasquez. Though I still think Sarah has yet to develop her own style of singing (since she has this tendency to "copy" the style of the original when she covers songs), I still think she is one of the best singers around. She will be one BIG star someday. (BIG = Sharon Cuneta famous!)

I love Jimmy! A neophyte in tours but he can really own the crowd. Panalo mga hirit niya! You know, ey. Haha!

I'm so looking forward to the next concert! Guess who will be here in June?
It's Ogie Alcasid and Aiai delas Alas!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!