Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Loving Astronomy

Believe it or not, my favorite book when I was a kid isn't a story book but a book about the universe. I know, I'm not a science person now but then, I was fascinated by it. Science WAS my favorite subject. That book which I really love contains real pictures of the outer space and is recognized by a certain astronomical group which sounds bigtime. These, naturally, fueled my amazement. It's not actually a kid's book but I loved it. My tito bought it here and sent it to me to the Philippines. I was really young then. I could still remember how I tried to understand everything that is written in the book which, of course, contains big words - big, scientific words. I love, love, love that book. It's probably sitting there now at our bookshelf in the Philippines with my Sweet Valley collection.

I just love astronomy. I may dislike physics which plays a big part on it but I still love the universe and everything in it. I am fascinated by the idea that there is something bigger than the Earth. Weird but I usually imagine (until now) that the universe is a box that is owned by someone bigger and more powerful than us. I picture that "box" placed on a cherry-finished side table. Weird, I know. I also like the possibility of other humans in another planet. That would be really awesome. Haha!

Naisip ko nga kanina na sana Astronomy na lang kinuha ko instead of Biology. But hey, I have to admit I am quite contented with my Bio class last term. May natutunan ako kahit papano. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!