Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Graduand to Graduate

I practically had no sleep, had swollen eyes (I watched Hachiko last night. Super tear jerker! I think I used up my supply of Kleenex.) and an aching head. I was trying in vain to be cheery and merry this morning. Miraculously, everything went well even though my head felt like exploding and my temper was closely reaching it's boiling point.
As expected, the ceremony was long. There were no snooze-worthy speeches. It's just that there were so many of us. I was called within the first hour of the ceremony (I was graduand #37) so it was kind of boring waiting for everyone but got through that by reading the convocation booklet and texting. LOL There were a few cheesy moments but they were forgivable. I for one, also can't help but be proud of all of us especially of my other honours classmates who went through A LOT in our final year. It was great to see everyone happy.

Family members were all super hungry after the ceremony so heavy lunch was required. All of us ate steak. Hurray to cholesterol!

I don't know what I feel right now. It still doesn't feel like I have graduated. I just have a piece of paper bearing my name and degree. Overall, it was a fun but tiring day. Yes, it was exhausting even though we practically did nothing but sit, walk 20 steps to the stage and back, and sit, sit sit. Lack of sleep is not a good thing.

So yeah, here I am. A graduate with an honours degree. Hello, Unemployment!

1 comment:

  1. woot! congrats naman! :D
    buti ka nga nakuha mo may seal na diploma..

    yung amin ni paul.. lame message lang! hahahaha! look in my blog.. i carried my camera on stage so i looked stupid while taking photos with the dean! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!