Saturday, July 23, 2011

Break from the Heatwave

As you all know, much of North America is experiencing a heatwave. For the past few weeks, it has been really, really humid here in the city.  It's the kind of weather that makes you just want to stay indoors neverminding that summer is only 2 months long. I hate hot weather. No, I abhor it. I just can't function with it. I know, I know. I lived in a tropical country for years so I must be used to this. But the truth is I'm not. I'm just not physically cut out for warm weather which is nothing short of a tragedy especially when you're Asian and born near the equator. My childhood has a lot of memories of sneezing every freaking morning; innumerable emergencies due to nausea and dizziness; and eternal bitchiness and bad temper. Hey, I'm not kidding about the last one. I'm not making an excuse for bad behaviour, okay? Hot weather makes me hot headed. I don't have to explain further. I'm sounding defensive so I should stop. Hahaha. By the way, I just need to say that searching for something to cool me down sucks because I have a cough that won't go away. Hate!

Anyway, I was reading reports about the heat wave and experts said that yesterday would be one of the hotter days. However, the forecast was wrong much to my (and everyone's?) delight! Mother Nature decided that it would be nice to have a cool, windy day here in the city. Ah it's a much needed break!

We were supposed to watch Friends with Benefits yesterday but it was sold out. Honestly, who would think it will with Transformers 3, Captain America and Harry Potter still in theatres? But it did so we decided to take advantage of the wind and... FLY A KITE. Yep. On a parking lot. Adam has a kite (and, utterly irrelevant to my story but worth mentioning, a fake sword) in his trunk so we gave it a go. We got some people looking curiously at us. Haha funny!

You can't see it here but it's actually a Spongebob kite from Walmart.





Today it's supposed to rain but I just looked outside and the sky is clear so I guess no rain? Ah whatever! I better go ahead and start this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!