Sunday, April 21, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

I LOVE baking. As a child who grew up with a nonworking (Not even sure if it's not really working or just no one wants to use it) oven, I delighted myself in watching Food Network. My favourite being Jacques Torres.



I started baking when we moved here to Canada. At first using mixes.


Then afterwards, I got enough confidence to make something from scratch. I don't even remember the first thing I made.

My baking is not perfect as I almost always burn the bottom of cookies or mess up the icing of cupcakes. One time, I even had flames in the oven as I left something incidentally in there that wasn't supposed to be there and it got burned. But my family is always supportive and always wipe out whatever I make however they look like. hehe



For the past weeks, I have been baking more cookies and trying to learn how not to burn the bottom, how to make all kinds - chewy, crunchy, cake-y cookies. I managed to make batches which "can be sold". I was so happy when the first 'perfect' batch came out of the oven! hahaha

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Peanut Butter Cookies


Neiman Marcus Chocolate Cookie

Indeed, practice makes perfect. Hindi magically makakagawa ka ng anything perfect. We have to practice, practice, try and try until we reach a result that is great and satisfying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!