Friday, April 26, 2013

Play School

One of the shows that I religiously watched as a kid is a show with adults teaching kids make crafts and sing songs. In my head I can see what it looks like. I knew it was done in a pastel-colored studio with cardboard and stuff. And I remember the adults having British accent. For the longest time, I was thinking of what it's called but I wasn't able to remember.

Fast forward to more recent times...

When I first heard of Soft Kitty from the show Big Bang Theory, I thought it sounded REALLY familiar but I can't figure out why. Today, just because of randomly browsing the internet, I ended up reading that Soft Kitty is originally called Warm Kitty and it was sung in a show called Play School.



Yes, it's the show that I used to watch when I was a kid! OMG! Nostalgic! I even remember the words to the intro song.



There's a bear in there and a chair as well. There are people with games and stories to tell. Come inside, open wide, it's PLAY SCHOOL!


I remember the windows where we peek in to watch videos and guessing which window the video will show. haha


And the rocket that always has something behind it.


The toys!


And of course the Bananas in Pajamas and the Teddies!



Some of the props are now part of the National Museum of Australia. Really cool!!! Now, let me watch some full episodes. Thank goodness for Youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!