Friday, August 3, 2012

Travelog: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Let me start with a cheesy statement: dreams do come true. I remember bookmarking the Wizarding World of Harry Potter website the day it was announced and regularly checking updates about its completion. Five years later, there I was. 

I am a Harry Potter fan. Maybe not the biggest fan but I grew up reading his journey. I was one of those people who would line up just to get the book on the day of its release. I was also one of those people who would bury their nose in the book's pages and not do anything else until it's done. So just imagine my excitement and kilig!



No magic from where I was standing. Magagalit ang Ministry of Magic at baka ma-kickout ako sa Hogwarts eh wala pa nga akong natatanggap na acceptance letter! August na, Hogwarts! Does that mean I'm not accepted??? :( Fiiine.

Back to my WWofHP story, I was so kilig the entire time and I made sure that I pay attention to every little thing. It was obvious that they spent a lot of time conceptualizing the park. I really felt I was in snowy Hogwarts eventhough we were at 30C weather haha.

Butterbeer
One thing I was really curious about would be the butterbeer. So upon entering the park, I went ahead and lined up for a mug. I found out that, no you won't get drunk because it's basically cream soda. It was good but I wasn't crazy about it. I was expecting a warm, butterscotch flavour since Harry and the gang often drink it when they feel cold. It has a frozen version too ala-Slurpee. 


Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a MUST try. No matter how long the line is, you should try it! Lining up is worth it because you get to "explore" Hogwarts while waiting.



Some improvements that I would like to see:
1) A ride featuring the Hogwarts Express. Hopefully they construct something like the Disney train.

2) Bigger Hogsmeade, bigger stores
3) Basically, a bigger Wizarding World kasi sobrang bitin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!