Sunday, August 5, 2012

Travelog: Walt Disney World's EPCOT

I have a goal of visiting all the Disney theme parks around the world. This is #2. We got a free ride here from our hotel. Good thing I asked 'cause I didn't know about it.

Disney World's EPCOT is Folklorama x100! We got lucky 'cause they were also having the plants exhibit when we went there. (Sorry, forgot the name of the exhibit!)

Welcome to China! When I saw this I was screaming "FINALLY, RIIIIICE!!!" Asian food is comfort food! Shopping in this pavilion is awesome 'cause it brought me back to my childhood. No, I'm not from China but almost everything here reminded me of things we have home.

Germany

Morocco


United Kingdom

Oh, Canada!

Italy

United States of America. The American Adventure is a must watch. Amazing show! So much entertainment in this pavilion. On the side is the Toy Story plant display. Lots-O-Huggin Bear was there and even the display smelled like strawberry!!! I didn't want to leave!!!

Japan. The best treats and the best food!!! I think this is were I shopped the most. It made me want to go to Japan.

Kakigōri is the best!!! I have yet to recreate this treat here at home.

France

All the workers in each pavilion really came from that country. Yep, accents and all! I really wish we were able to try all the food but alas we can only take in so much. We only got to try Chinese food, some Japanese treats and French pastries. 

The only complaint I have is it was hard to find where the shows were. There were even some cancelled shows so when we got to the venue after trying so hard to find it, there was nothing to watch. 

Epcot also has the Future World pavilion which we didn't get to explore that much 'cause we were just too tired plus it rained a bit hard. We didn't even wait for IllumiNations anymore. Overall, it was a fun experience! Disney is always, always fun! We were even thinking of going to Animal Kingdom the following day instead of going shopping but we thought we need a break from all the walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!