Sunday, July 17, 2011

Odd Balls


Do you remember this? Because I have forgotten about this food establishment until I read it on Patty Laurel's tweet.

I remember, there would be an Odd Balls kiosk/cart/stall in (almost) every mall and we would always buy. My mom never allowed us to buy fish balls, squid balls, etc. from street vendors so this was the alternative. My siblings and I loved this so much! Ang loser naman kasi kung di ka pa talaga nakatikim ng "street food" ever. This is better than nothing kahit technically hindi na sya "street food". Hahaha! Pero kahit walang authenticity at pagka-astig ng totoong street food, I'm sure everyone who has tried Odd Balls would agree that it's really good!

Squid balls and their amazing sweet sauce! Favorite! I miss this talaga! Funny that they still serve using styrofoam cups and toothpick. Haha! Lalo tuloy nostalgic!


Dahil reminiscing na rin naman, itotodo ko na!

I'm sure hindi lang ako ang nakakamiss dito! I remember, I used to be so addicted to Sour Cream. And I just found out, they opened 6 branches of Potato Corner in the US! Seriously, Canada has to have one!

O sige last one na!

Ice Monster!!! I used to go to the SLEX Shell station after school to freshen up. Travelling from QC to Laguna everyday is no joke so kailangan ng break and the break is usually through Ice Monster. Imagine nyo naman ang Manila weather with all it's dust and smoke. Something refreshing is required for survival! Haha!



Oh why did I even try to write a blog entry about these at this time? It is true. One misses the little things more!

1 comment:

  1. Where can i find this oddballs stall? Been craving for decades!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!