Sunday, May 22, 2011

The 20s


So I just finished the 4th book and about to start with the 5th.
I didn't have to buy any of them as Marylin lent them all to me (and the rest of our friends). And no, I'm NOT going to write a review but I would tell you to read them and enjoy them especially if you need to be distracted from your own life and focus your attention on other people's lives. The fact that they are fictional is a bonus. Haha! It's funny that even if the characters in each of these books are older and far more experienced than any of us (everyone to whom Marylin lent the books) we caught ourselves a number of times laughing because they reminded us of each other in some sort of way.

I also find it quite amazing too that I enjoyed the books despite that they are mostly about issues way beyond me: engagements, marriages, affairs and freakin' babies! I was thinking that maybe if I read the books 2-3 years ago, I might not have appreciated them as much as I do now. This is coupled with the realization that I am indeed getting old, nearing the mid-20s. To which I can only say: OH SH*T.

On the plus side, the books increased my excitement about New York.

Ah, New York. Someday...

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!