Monday, May 3, 2010

Rants

I have been complaining for days now because I have nothing to do. During the days that I don't have work, I go out. Like... I shop, I eat out. I just go somewhere because I'm not used to staying at home without anything to do. As a consequence, my wallet is suffering. It's sad.

Almost all the people I know have been complaining about the sudden lack of something to do. We are sooo damn bored. I mean, I went from staying at the library till it closes because I have papers to write and chapters to read, juggling school with work and then in a blink, I have nothing left to do. It has been a week now since my last day in school and I can't keep still. I need to do stuff!!! Actually, I think it hasn't sunk in that I'm actually done with school (at least for now!). I'm still pretty much there everyday because of work. But I miss it! I miss having to do schoolwork! Throw stones at me but I actually miss the pressure. The day after my presentation, I went to Chapters and bought a book that looks like university text (NO LOGO by Naomi Klein). LOL I'm reading it now plus the book that I borrowed from the library. If there is something good that came out of this boredom, it's the fact that I'm reading again for pleasure. It has been a long time since I last read a book just because. And yes, I'm loving it.

But still I'm looking for the busy-ness. Today is quite a happy day because I have things to do. YAY! I had a meeting that started before 11AM and went on until 2PM. I stayed at work till 2.30 then I was off to my other meeting for UMSigaw at 3. Walked around the Osborne village because I had to buy cards and also, look for a dress for the honours dinner (Kristin and I bought tickets earlier so there's no backing out now!).

I'm pretty much done with the things I have to do for tonight. I just have to organize documents from work and then I'm back to reading Love in the Time of Cholera. I'm thoroughly enjoying the book! Can't explain how Fermina Daza amuses me. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to my life! hahaha!

    go out of town! it will do you good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about it. HAHA Maybe July or August.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!