Sunday, October 11, 2009

Balance after 3 years

I got a so-so grade in my English provincials. Happened about 3 years ago. The moment I saw what the topic will be, I already know... it ain't gonna be fun.

BALANCE.

When I read it, I thought, what the f*ck am I gonna right about balance? First of all, balance of what? The physical aspect? The science behind it? Or an application to an abstract like, say, priorities?

So yeah, I bombed it.

Well, not really. But it was enough to pull my English grade down some points.

I have always struggled with balance. I multi-task but the quality of work suffers. Juggling stuff is not one of my strengths. Last year, I just gave up and got contented with mediocre results. Exhaustion took over. And I thought I will never learn.

This term, I have been trying to balance it all out. I am 22 years old, I have more things stressful ahead of me and I can't just be burnt out by a year of statistics and tons of writing. I knew I had to make a move and do something.

So far, I think, I'm doing a good job. I get things done early,I get to see my friends and go out (more groups of friends, by the way), I work, I volunteer (UM-Sigaw plus UNICEF), I attend seminars, (Went to the Intro to Law! Yay!), I'm socially active and aware, I've met a lot of new people... Lots of branching out and opening up to the world. I'm loving it. I think, finally, I'm learning...some.

There's one more thing though, that I have to learn to do with all these. Without it, I know, I won't fully learn about this thing called BALANCE. I have to have it with all these to understand it wholly and learn what the word means. But I guess, I have to take it one step at a time. For now, I just have to be consistent.

AJA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!