Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Greyhound

I have been following the news about the Greyhound bus killing for days now. If you are from here, you know how much of an impact it is to the city. The gruesome murder is the talk of the town. Who would have thought something like that would happen in Manitoba? And to a Winnipeger? Tim Mclean is so young and he doesn't deserve to die like that. No one does.

It is sad, frightening, and disturbing.

But I think what makes it sadder is that some people are looking at the issue of immigration rather than the real problem. The suspect is an Asian immigrant. But, really, so what? It has nothing to do with what he did. His race shouldn't even be part of the news at all but, yes, it is on every article.

Ugh. World, you need to grow up.

***

The priest last Sunday prayed for Tim Mclean's soul. I nudged my sister and asked her why aren't we praying for the suspect. He needs it too, I think.

Oh well. Maybe even priests do forget that we should pray for everyone even for the 'lost lambs'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!