Saturday, February 3, 2007

UM-Sigaw First Lunch Meeting

We had UM-Sigaw's First Lunch meeting last week. Argh. I was busy with schoolwork then got distracted by certain political issues that I forgot to actually write something about the event.

The Lunch went well - better than I expected. Not all of the members were able to go but still it was fun. It's nice to meet fellow Filipinos.

The people are nice and we had a good time. We ate Pinoy food, discussed things that they want to do in the group, their expectations, and a lot of other stuff. Some of the members are Canadian-born, most are not but that does not stop us from getting along. See? The two groups can mix. Wala yan sa kung saan ka pinanganak. We just need to open our minds, erase prejudice and give each other a chance. Of course for some it wouldn't be easy but believe me, you can do it because you have to. Buksan ang isip.

I am happy that we are taking this step. I am happy that we formed this group.

But of course, this is only the start.

***

I watched parts of Borat this afternoon. I skipped almost half of the movie 'cause I can't take Borat himself - not the movie or its message - it's him. Just my suplada self.

Sa mga napanood ko, favorite ko yung ininterview niya yung mga feminists then he said that he cannot understand what they say 'cause all he can think about is CJ (Pamela Anderson).

Nasapul niya kung bakit hindi umaabante ang feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!