Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bad feng shui?

I want to drop my Women's Studies class. Okay, it is interesting but I'm having problems with it. I can go on and on with the reasons but the main things is I am lost in that class. Everything the instructor says just won't penetrate my brain cells. My mind is always floating midair everytime I'm in that class.

I'm supposed to write a paper that is due on Monday but I can't start 'cause I can't understand what the hell I'm supposed to write about. Bwiset talaga. No offense meant, but I have a problem with feminist writers. I cannot understand what they are talking about without me getting crazy and panicky. I am only able to understand their essays when the due date for my paper is too near. Pero dito talaga sa A Theory of Gendered Organizations, grabe! I understand the point of the article and what she wants to happen but I cannot expound on her arguments because I cannot understand what she's really trying to say on each. This is mainly because, I have no idea of the theories she is talking about. I wish my instructor discussed them but she did not. Bwiset na "organizational processes" yan. She repeated those two words a thousand times in the article but I don't have an idea what is it.

I really want to drop the class NOW.

Aside from that fact that this class has a lot of requirements (tests, group report, different kinds of written assigments, and surprise quizzes), I really don't feel "comfortable" in this class. Lost talaga ako sa mga pinagsasabi ng instructor kong kahawig pa naman ni Rachel McAdams. "Lost" hindi dahil hindi siya magaling magturo, nawiwindang lang talaga ako at ikinukumpara ko ang teaching style niya dun sa nag-sub sa kanya na dati ko ring prof.

I hate to think that I'm giving up this easily on an elective but this is really stressful. 15% ng final grade ang paper na 'to which means, if I don't hand this in, the highest grade that I can get is 85% which of course, impossible to get given the circumstances. So, I'm guessing getting an A or a B+ will depend largely on luck. Bad trip. Di bale sana kung ito ang priority ko. Syempre, I'll devote all my time and effort if this is class is so important para lang makabawi. But no, so I guess...

Ahh. Kaasar.
I have the whole night to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!